Friday, February 10, 2012

What are your opinions on my favorite baby boy names?

These are some of the boy names I'm considering naming my child, if its a boy. Please share your thoughts and opinions on these names. And I'm not looking for middle name suggestions at this point... We're using a family name for the middle name (either Vincent for his grandfather or Gray for mine.)





Dexter (with a nickname of Dex)


Dominick


Drew


Gabriel


Jordan (I also like this name for a girl)


Maddox


Morgan


Oliver


Quentin or Quinn


Trent|||I'll list them in order from favorite to least favorite:





Quentin (10/10) -- I love this one! It's literary and very distinctive. After all, how many names begin with Q? Not many! I have Quentin Alistair on my personal boys' name list. I like Quentin Gray for you.





Oliver (9/10) -- Oliver Gray sounds very distinguished. I like that it's Victorian but coming back into style. In a sea of two-syllable Jacob's, Aidan's, Jayden's, Connor's, and Hayden's, the three syllable Oliver feels very refreshing.





Dominick (9/10) -- Dominick is a good strong boys' name, and, just like Oliver, I find its three syllables refreshing. This name has definitely been gaining some more recognition recently, but it's still not too common (currently ranked #85). I like Dominick Vincent.





Dexter (9/10) -- Dexter is very nerdy-cool. The nickname Dex, however, takes this one out of the laboratory and onto the football field or into the performing arts department. This name could suit a boy of many different personalities. I love it. Dexter Vincent and Dexter Gray both sound great.





Gabriel (8/10) -- Yes, I know it has gotten really common, but I can't help but love Gabriel. Gabe is such as sexy nickname for when he's older. I love the sound of Gabriel Vincent.





Quinn (7/10) -- The name is okay. While it's more popular for boys than girls, for some reason it reads more "girl" to me. I don't like either Quinn Vincent or Quinn Gray, though. I'd recommend going with Quentin instead.





Morgan (7/10) -- I like Morgan on a boy more than a girl, so I'm glad to see it on your boys' list. It doesn't appeal to me quite as much as some of your other options, but it's not bad. I prefer Morgan Gray to Morgan Vincent.





Maddox (6/10) -- I'll admit that this one has a very appealing sound, but it's far too trendy. In five short years, it went from being extremely obscure (not even in the top 1000) to spot #226. Plus, it's a starbaby name. Who wants to be seen as copying Angelina Jolie? Though it's more common, I much prefer Max. Since you like the retro Dexter, you might also consider Felix.





Drew (4/10) -- It's a cute nickname, but it's too much of a nickname, and a common one at that. I prefer Andrew with the nickname of Drew, but I think you have far more appealing options.





Jordan (4/10) -- Boring and overused. There's nothing bad about it, but there's nothing exciting about it either. Its popularity peaked in the 90's, so it's already starting to feel a little bit dated.





Trent (4/10) -- Okay, Trent is kind of sexy, but it's kind of cliche sexy. Trent would be best friends with Chad in a high school TV drama. He'd be tall and good-looking, with light brown hair and green eyes. He'd be on the football team and dating a girl named Taylor. It's not bad, but it wouldn't feel special enough for my child. Does that make sense?





Best wishes, and I hope this helps!|||Dexter


Morgan


Dominick


Jordan





Can you do mine too please?


http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=aE0QzPRyH_2bkBQEsThiYL5Q_3d_3d





Thanks!|||I like Dominic (not Dominick), Jordan (only a boys name) and Oliver.





Maddox is nice but it's also the name of Angelina Jolie's adopted son.|||drew, jordan, oliver, trent. i don't like the other names and morgan sounds more like a name for girls than boys (even though i know some boys are called that). |||I like Gabriel. No Dexter thats just mean. Maddox is dumb because Pitt-Jolie named their kid Maddox.. Trent is boring and Quinn/ Quentin are ugly.. Go with Gabriel|||Gabriel


Morgan


Oliver





I like Dominic but I don't like the k on the end.|||I think Oliver is adorable, but I also like Drew. I'm due Feb 2nd with a boy. We are naming him Matthew.





Good Luck|||use dexter or oliver those names sound really cool


i would love to know someone named dexter or oliver|||I really like Trent.. it's cool. The others I'm not too crazy about.. Dominick is pretty good too. =]|||I like Gabriel, Gabriel Gray rolls nicely off the tongue. So Does Oliver Gray.





I also have a soft spot for Quinn.||| I love the name Trent, thats so cute for a baby and as you get older it still sound alright.|||Jordan


Morgan


Chris


Omar


Anthony|||i like Dominick and Jordan, and would have to say my least favorite is Dexter.|||Drew


Gabriel


Maddox


Morgan


Quinn





All of these are good.||| trent is sweet, and i like quentin also|||gabriel, maddox, quinn and trent|||how about J. Vincent Gray and his last name call him J name has a lot of class|||Drew!! |||Morgan is a girl name. Quetrin Callum


|||i like Gabriel and Quinn the most...





..and Drew..


|||Oliver - Love it! It has a literary feel. Strong %26amp; handsome. I also love the potential nickname Ollie. Oliver Gray is fantastic! 10/10





Gabriel - Great name. It's familiar/traditional without being boring. I like it's "romantic" feel. It has strong biblical ties but doesn't sound overtly religious or Mormon-esque. I would go with Gabriel Vincent. 9/10





Quentin or Quinn - I slightly prefer the longer version, though either is nice. I like it's contemporary charm. It's off-beat %26amp; quirky. Quentin Gray is refreshing! 8/10





Dexter (with a nickname of Dex) - My cats name :) I think it's geeky-cool. I would be apprehensive about using it though because of the tv show. Dexter Gray is spunky. 7/10





Morgan - Im glad to see this on a boy list! Even though the name is originally male it has been taken over by girls :( In 2007 Morgan ranked 43rd on the girls charts %26amp; 407th on the boys! This would make me weary about using it on a boy. If you are daring enough, go for it. I much prefer it on a boy. Morgan Gray works. 6/10





Dominick - I much prefer the spelling Dominic. The "k" on the end is unnecessary and is likely to cause confusion. It's a decent name. I don't have any real like or dislike for it. I am neutral with this one. Dom is a pretty cool nickname. Dominic Vincent is nice. 5/10





Trent - Reminds me of Trent Rezor. It's decent but it doesn't wow me. I think of Trenton New Jersey. 4.5/10





Drew - I would prefer it as a nickname for Andrew. On it's own it lacks substance. 4/10





Jordan - It's so unisex at the moment. In 2007 Jordan ranked in @ #45 for the boys and #100 for the girls. While it it still used more on boys, it is ultra trendy for either sex. I also think of Michael Jordan and basketball. 3/10





Maddox - Save this for Angelina. It will forever be associated with her son. I can see people saying "oh Maddox, like Angelina's son". Also it just sounds like Mad ox to me.1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment